rushing and flossing your teeth at least twice a day is very important but it is still not enough. One can brush and floss his/her teeth very well every day and night and still get cavities if they do not get professional cleanings done to remove hard plaque that could build up.
Cleaning appointments can also allow us to catch any cavities early before they turn into more expensive procedures such as root canals. We highly recommend cleanings at least every 6 months to all of our patients so as to maintain their health and save them money on their dental care.
Reasons For Regular Dental Cleanings:
- Detect dental problems early
- Help prevent gum disease and bad breath
- Maintain good physical health and a bright and white smile
- Saves you money on dental care by preventing more expensive procedures
X-Rays and Examinations
dental examination involves an in depth oral analysis in order to detect any problems orally. The dentist checks for possible cavities as well as fillings that may require a replacement. A pigtail is used to check for calculus deposits, which is then followed by x-rays.
Dental x-rays allow for a diagnosis and treatment for any dental problems. X-rays assist the dentist and help the dentist visualize diseases of the teeth and surrounding tissue that may not be found in a general oral exam. Recommended dental cleanings include a dental exam and x-ray, which allows for early detection of any problems. This can potentially save you money and even discomfort and pain.
Benefits of an X-ray:
- Aids in the use of tooth implants, dentures, braces, or any other dental procedure
- Exposes bone loss possibly caused by gum disease
- Shows areas of decay that cannot be detected in an oral exam
- Detects an infection in the root of a tooth
- Aids in the development of wisdom teeth
The condition of one’s teeth determines the frequency of dental exams an x-ray. It is also very important to let your dentist know if you are pregnant due to radiation.
It’s highly recommended to get a dental exam and x-rays at least once a year to maintain a healthy oral hygiene.